- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance. In accordance with ADA, the Convention Center is responsible for permanent premises access accommodations, such as, but not limited to, ramp access, restroom accessibility, elevator standards, and door width standards. It is the licensee’s responsibility to provide non-permanent accessibility requirements, such as, but not limited to, hearingassisted or visually-assisted devices, and temporary seating accessibility and/or interpreters. For accomodations, please visit the Help Desk.
- Except for service animals and animals participating in contracted events such as dog and cat shows, animals are not allowed in the Sacramento Convention Center. When any display includes pens or enclosures containing live animals, a protective coating such as plastic or visqueen must be used to protect floors and any Sacramento Convention Center equipment. Some type of absorbent [i.e. sawdust or fire-retardant wood shavings] must be placed within the pens on a frequent enough basis to minimize odors and ensure applicable health standards are maintained at all times. Curbing or bike racks must be provided to retain animals within the pens.
You can either search for "Sacramento County Office of Education" or "SCOE Events", or you can use the links below:
Google Play: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scoe.conferences
- ATM Machine Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are located inside the Convention Center in the “J” Street Lobby and across from Starbucks along the 13th Street corridor. Additional ATM’s are available inside the Community Center Theater Box Office Lobby and at the Memorial Auditorium.
- Find Charging Stations on the second floor outside of Ballroom A, in the pre-event space. These charging stations have adapters for most devices.
- Please visit the Registration booths on the second floor of the SAFE Convention Center, right outside Ballroom A, to check into the event. You will receive your name badge and your SWAG Bag, containing multiple useful items for your time at the conference.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions related to the app, sessions, or any other general information.
- Public Passenger Elevator: Meeting rooms 100-205 has two (2) passenger elevators located off the 13th and K Street entrance. Meeting rooms 301-319 has one (1) passenger elevator located on the east side of the “J” Street Lobby. The Theater has two (2) passenger elevators, one on each side of the main lobby. In consideration of all individuals who use these elevators, furniture and equipment cannot be transported in them.
- Enter through the West entrance of the SAFE Convention Center to access the escalator and elevator, which will take you up to Floor 2. You will turn left at the top of the escalator to access the event space.
- Please visit our Sacramento Badge Pass program page to access information regarding surrounding attractions, amusements, and dining. Many local dining options will give discounts to attendees once their conference badge has been shown.
- An escalator is located on the east side of the “J” Street lobby to provide transportation to the Ballroom level. Equipment and furniture cannot be transported on these escalators. Guests with wheelchairs and strollers are requested to use the public passenger elevators.
- Emergency services can be reached by picking up any courtesy house phone located throughout the facility. Every single breakout room has a emergency kit in their room box and the Help Desk can assist you further. Please see the Help Desk for more information.
- Face masks are available at the Help Desk. Face masks are not required, but can be worn at any time.
Food and Beverage
- Water is available on the second floor of the SAFE Convention Center. There are multiple water stations throughout the conference space. Food is provided for lunch on Monday and Tuesday, Breakfast on Tuesday, and snacks available each day in the evening.
- The Help Desk is attended by staff of the California Assessment Conference. Please visit us on the second floor of the SAFE Convention Center, outside of Ballroom A. We can help you pay for your attendance at the conference, log onto the app, and gain points on the 2023 CAC App.
Lost and Found
- The Sacramento Convention Center assumes no responsibility for any losses suffered by you, your exhibitors, or general attendees due to theft or loss of equipment and articles or other personal property. Although we do not provide an official lost and found location, occasionally items are turned in to our administrative offices, located in the Sacramento Convention Center. Should you, your exhibitors, or any of your attendees misplace any items, you may contact the Administrative Offices at 916-808-5291 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –12 noon and 1:00 pm 19 | Page 5:00 pm or to your Event Manager. All lost and found articles are catalogued and stored for 30 days. After that period, all articles are disposed of at the sole discretion of SCC.
Nursing Mother Area
- Please visit the Help Desk and they will guide you to the Green Room, which has been converted into a Nursing Mother's space for the time being.
- Restrooms are located on both sides of the event space and can be accessed without a passcode. Please navigate to the event space on the second floor of the SAFE Convention Center. The bathrooms will be to the left and right of the pre-event area, outside of the Ballroom.
- The City of Sacramento has adopted a “Smoke Free Policy.” Under this policy, smoking of any kind is prohibited in all areas of the SCC. This policy applies to all employees, clients, contractors and visitors. Licensees are responsible for informing their staff and enforcing this city policy. Your Event Manager can direct you to the various smoking area throughout the SCC.
Please utilize the free WiFi, which is available for use in the area outside of Ballroom A. While within sessions, if you must log onto the internet, please use CA Assessment Conference and the password is 2023CAC!